Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I had a paper jam ....removed the paper and now have a

Customer Question
I had a paper...

I had a paper jam ....removed the paper and now have a message saying to close the Fuser cover located behind the back cover of the machine. I see no reference to this in the manual and can't see anything that is open.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brother printer MFC-9330CDW not quite 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC system 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Right now is the issue...only time it has happened. Right before was the paper jam. I have even tried resetting by unplugging for a minute or two

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

What if as fuser cover? and what does this message mean

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Please do the following to clear the error:

Press and hold down the POWER button to turn the printer off.

Turn the machine around with the back of the machine facing you.

Open the back cover by pushing down on cut-out handle and then pulling it towards you.

The fuser cover has green tabs, located on the right and left side. If the cover is up, pull the green tabs toward you and fold down the fuser cover.

Check inside the machine, in the area where the red fusing roller is located, for any jammed paper. Remove the jammed paper gently, pulling the paper out, (use both hands).

Close the fuser cover by pushing on both the left and right hand side. You will hear a click when the cover is closed securely.

Close the back cover.

Press and hold down the POWER button to turn the printer back on.

Verify the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Do you still need assistance?

Syseng
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer