Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to locate a USB to printer parallel cable for an…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to locate a USB to printer parallel cable for an HP LaserJet 6P, Model C3980A (circa 1998). The printer is in great shape and operates like a work horse. My colleague in the next office has the same printer, which has a Gigaware cable (black with a gold female connector. Do you carry this cable?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1998. Model C3980A.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The current cable is the original cable (with wide connectors). I just got a new computer with only USB ports. So, I need the parallel printer cable -- usb to printer -- in order to operate the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it. Thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

You can purchase this cable from my link below

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812156005

It allows you to connect a Parallel cable to a USB port on the computer

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you