Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer had a paper jam and I cleared it except I think…

Customer Question
The printer had a...

The printer had a paper jam and I cleared it except I think for a small scrap which I cannot access some where under the the front right. Won't clear

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

PIXMA MP990 7 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

The computer is a Vaio and has Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It only happened today when the paper jammed. It was screwed up and somewhat torn. I got most of it out except one small scrap which I managed to remove thereafter and then however I suspect another small scrap remained but I cannot see it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The ink tray will move manually but stops when turning on in the middle and I get an error message

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

I can help you with this, There is detailed documentation available for your printer model by Canon. Please see the steps mentioned in below link :-

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART130595

Please follow all the steps one by one from the top so that you do not miss any place.

Let me know how it goes !!

Did this fix your problem ?