Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to print some documents, my printer's name is…

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying...

Hi, I am trying to print some documents, my printer's name is ***** ***** MB2040, but I get an error Printer not responding'-message', I have checked everythingand all seems fine.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about 2 years I think, the model is Maxify MB2040

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell inspiron 15 3000 series laptop, windows 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It firstly gave the message that the printer is not connected, the problem started last week.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, we hardly print with it, we mostly use it for copying and scanning.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please