Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

HP color laserjet m477 dn need to configure for network .How…

Customer Question
HP color laserjet m477 dn...
HP color laserjet m477 dn need to configure for network .How to set this up and also scan to email?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

How can I go about installing driver(print Management-Server 2012 r2)?
also IP address assignment?

What is your computer operating system?

How is your printer connected: usb, ethernet, or wireless?

We have few systems 8.1 Windows,remaining Windows 10 pro
Printers still not connected
Hi I would like another expert to look into this. I need to set this up soon.Thanks
I have not received any advise for hours and would like to request another expert to look into this please
How can I forward this question to another expert? Can just answer team step into this?
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi threre

Exactly how are you trying to set the printer up? Via a switch in the office?

Hi Richard, I’ll need to get this connected either wireless or network. Typo: the model is Hp laserjet m477 fdw

Ok, what you do is following to connect it to the wireless network, then you can connect to it by installing the software on the computer

These steps you do on the actual printer

Touch the Connection Information button.

Touch the Network Wi-Fi OFF button.

Touch the Settings button.

Touch the Wireless Setup Wizard item.

Select the correct network SSID from the list. If you do not see the SSID, touch Enter SSID and provide the network SSID manually.

Use the keyboard to enter the passphrase, and then touch the OK button.

Wait while the printer establishes a network connection.

Touch the Connection Information button. If an IP address is listed, the network connection has been established. If not, wait a few more minutes and try again. Note the IP address for use during software installation. Example IP address: 192.168.0.1

Once done you can then install the software on each computer to connect to it.

Let me know how you go please