Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Keeps coming up wrong paper sourse, workforce wf-3640 epsom,

Customer Question
Keeps coming up wrong...

Keeps coming up wrong paper sourse

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Workforce wf-3640 epsom

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is a reasonable new have only used one black ink cartridge

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue also occur when making a copy from the printer's glass (besides not being able to print from the computer)?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Thank you. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please try the following steps on the printer:

1. Press the Home button on the printer, if necessary.
  2. Select the Setup icon (the screwdriver / wrench icon.)
  3. Scroll down and select option System Administration.
  4. Scroll down and select option Restore Default Settings.
  5. Select option Clear All Data and Settings.
  6. Select Yes.
  7. Wait a bit for it to finish.

- Then see if you can make a copy first. Then see if you can print from the computer.

- Note: If the printer is wireless, then on the printer's screen, touch the network / wireless / signal icon, then touch option Wi-Fi Setup, then option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name. Once that is successful, then see if you can print from the computer.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,