Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer says paper jam. There was no jam, so I turned it…

Customer Question
The printer says paper...

The printer says paper jam. There was no jam, so I turned it off and turned it on again. then a paper came thru...shows no signs of any jam. It still gives the same message....whats the remedy?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its Epson WorkForce 323....could be about 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Well, its kinda a series of events....first of all I replace new ink causeall were empty, the it said, printer does not recognize black cartridge. It just all new ink....the other olders came together in a package, and I bought the black seperate. So I've had them all out, and in again several times, it recognize the colors, but not the bl,ack....well now this paper jam is the new message, but it still does not recognize the blaCK ink cartrige

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that gets it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Could you please tell me the error message or error code that you are getting on the screen?

well, the paper jam no longer shows, but it will not recognize the black cartridge. So I guess I'll try taking it back and see if they'll replace it. Seems for right now the paper jam problem is resolved.... must have done the right thing without knowing it. Thanks anyway. Appreciate it. Myrtle
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Sure, you can try and let me know if you are able to fix it.

I say for now the problem is taken care of. Myrtle
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Okay, Thank you for your time please reach out to us if you face any issues.