Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP laser jet 1536dnf MFP and its coming up with 49…

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP laser jet 1536dnf MFP and its coming up with 49 error. I have turned it off a couple of times and it want pickup the paper. Thanks Kathy

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LaserJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

All I can find on the back of the printer is product no CE538A

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I came into the office this morning and I can't print anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The machine seems to be trying to start printing but then it's not picking up the paper. The question light is on and my laptop tells me it's not connected to scan but it has'nt been disconnected. It's saying error 49.. It is working on my hard drive computer but not on the laptop.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today. It does seem that the System is unable to connect the Printer/communicate with the printer. Can you please try installing the drivers to the laptop and check if everything works fine.

Thanks,

Kumar

I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that.

Sorry, the payment has failed. Can you please clear the payment and I'll share the links for driver installation.

Hi Kathy,

Please use the below link to install the driver on your laptop.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL34693/Im-86005-5/hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188.exe

Thanks,

Kumar