Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed the black cartridge - it didn't work. I changed…

Customer Question
I changed the black...

I changed the black cartridge - it didn't work. I changed all cartridges - it doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It is about 6 months old, it's an Epson XP-434

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc and windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

As soon as it ran out of available cartridges, it stopped. I've had a problem with it ever since I bought it, but I used to be able to work around it ...scanner took about 20 minutes to scan ..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I asked someone to fix it for me, and he did - it produced exactly 3 prints, then the pages run through but nothing is printed on them

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?