Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP deskjet 3845 printer and it won't print.

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP deskjet 3845 printer and it won't print

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably about 10 years....on the printer it shows "hp deskjet 3845

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

ASUS laptop...I also have an ASUS all-in-one desktop and same issue.....at first I was getting an error stating that there was a paper jam when there wasn't ...I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer....the paper jam error no longer appears

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just couple days ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Now, when you try to print, what is the response from either computer, or from both computers?

Can you run a photocopy on the printer, using the printer's own controls? if so, with what result?

the printer acts if about to print but nothing happens
cant afford but thanks

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

The printer acts as if about to print, OK: What does it do? make sounds? feed paper? running or whirring noises internally perhaps?

thanks

John, Computer Science Engineer