Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer is making indentations on the paper. Brother…

Customer Question
Hello! The printer...

Hello! The printer is making indentations on the paper.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brother HL-3170cdw 2 yrs

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing really. Just started noticing it one day

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yeah. I'm also getting messages about the drum

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Could you please tell me the error message which you are getting about drum?

It just says drum I believe. I took each ink cartridge out and moved the green tab back and forth to make it work a little longer.
Can you just tell me what to do?
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Please refer this link https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75431/~/paper-comes-out-wrinkled%2C-creased-or-indentation and let me know if this helps.

No
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Is it still doing the same thing?

There was nothing wrong as noted when I opened the back of the printer.
I am getting ready to leave my office for the day. I will reach out to you again on Friday.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Sure, Please reach out to me i will try my level best to provide the solution of this issue.

How do I reach out specifically to you to continue this conversation?
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Just leave a message here i will be getting a notification of it.