Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Location of printer cartridges fo be able to change and

Customer Question
Location of printer cartridges...

Location of printer cartridges fo be able to change and install

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Xp-446

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I could never get the printer to print neither black or color

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, location of cartridges are apparently under the top scanner cover ????

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Engineer