Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother MFC-J835DW and I recently got a new

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother MFC-J835DW and I recently got a new computer which does not have the driver for this Brother product so I can't print from the computer to the Brother printer. I when to you web site to get the driver, but was unsuccessful in downloading the drive to the computer. Can I purchase a drive on cd to use to load the driver onto my LG all in one computer. If so how and how much is it. If not, is the above Brother MFC product still current and if so I will just purchase another and get the cd driver that way, since I don't want to waste the ink cartridges that I have for this Brother product.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 to 4 years and it is MFC-J835DW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Ever since I tried to print from the new computer to the Brother product. I use both in my motorhome. So what I have to do is transfer from the new computer to my laptop computer which has the brother driver and then send from my laptop to the brother product and then it prints my document.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You don't need to purchase the CD or another printer. We can make it work. What happens when you download the driver ?

Go to this website --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj835dw_us&os=10013

Download the "Full Driver & Software Package"

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Technician