Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My wireless printer is offline. Please help. I've tried a…

Customer Question
My wireless printer is...

My wireless printer is offline. Please help. I've tried a few things but nothing has worked. We had to get a new router----I don't know if that impacted the printer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Envy 7640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since we got our new router about three days ago. I don't know if that is coincidence or ????

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

You have a new router, which means you must connect the wireless printer to the new wireless signal that is coming from the new wireless router. After you do that, you can go to the Printer window on the computer and choose to add a new printer. It will find the printer on the new router and start working.

If you need help with any of the instructions that I listed above, please let me know.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

please connect me. Thanks

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.