Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I haven't used it for a while and don't remembr how access…

Customer Question
I haven't used it...

I haven't used it for a while and don't remembr how access the ink. Epson Artisan 837

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Artisan 837 about 4 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just don't remember how to change the ink or where to find it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, lift up the top of the printer, by grasping it on either side. This will reveal the colored tops of the ink cartridges.

Make sure the number on the ink cartridge you are taking out, matches the number of the cartridge you are putting in, as well as its color.

Pop out the cartridge to replace, then with the new cartridge taken out of its packaging and wrapping, you shake the new cartridge a little, then remove the yellow tab by pulling it - or otherwise follow instructions for the particular cartridge.

Push the new cartridge into its slot until it 'clicks' into place, well-seated.

Close up the printer.

Wait a bit while the new ink 'charges'. (If your printer is the type that has an 'ink drop' button, you need to press that ink-drop button firmly, then wait 2 minutes for the charging.)

I hope this explains the process. Let me know how it goes.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what

you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on

your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To

Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)