Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

New model m129-134 and need to know how to scan. No inst.

Customer Question
New model m129-134 and...

New model m129-134 and need to know how to scan. No inst. booklet with purchase.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Laser Jet Pro MFP130NW, brand new.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Microsoft

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Brand new, just recv one week ago, and this is the first time I have attempted to scan, and cannot figure out how to proceed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First go to this website --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-ultra-mfp-m134-printer-series/9365381/model/9365382

Download the "HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130a/132a and Ultra MFP M134a Full Feature Software and Drivers"

Also, download and install the "Readiris Pro 15 for HP" under the under "Application-3rd Party"

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install it. This will make sure all necessary software are installed including scanning software.

Now, you have several options to scan. You can open the printer name from desktop and you will see scam option there. Or look for an app named HP Scan to scan.

Or search and open "HP Scan" app under All programs to scan.

You can also use the Readiris Pro 15 for HP to scan doucments to editable format.

Another way is, click on Start menu and look for an app named Scan. Open it and use it to Scan.

If you don't see Scan app, then type Scan at the windows search box and this will show Scan app. Open it and use it to scan. If you don't have it, then you can get it from here --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/p/windows-scan/9wzdncrfj3pv

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Technician