Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

MFC 9325CW connected to iMac with USB printer cable. Used to…

Customer Question
MFC 9325CW connected to...

MFC 9325CW connected to iMac with USB printer cable. Used to work well. now it does not? please help

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Mfc-9325 cw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Imac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

2 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer still does copy well

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message when printing?

- Please try the following:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  2. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  3. There, click on your Brother printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Brother item showing there for now.
  4. Make sure printer is powered on.
  5. Make sure to connect the USB printer cable securely to both the printer and the computer.
    - (If needed, connect the USB printer cable to another USB port on the computer.)
  6. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Brother printer.
  7. If yes, click on your Brother printer, then then click on Add.
  8. Then see if you can print now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

If needed, please try connecting the printer to another USB port at the back of your computer.

- If needed, please try with another USB printer cable if possible.

- Does the computer detect your Brother printer when doing the above steps?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

Still not detect!
-tried another USB port; tried different USB cable;
-i have other Brother MFC-7840W: iMac detects this printer, use this printer USB cable, plugged in with MFC-9325CW, DOES NOT DETECT??

Thank you for replying back. I'm sorry. This confirms that the USB port on the printer MFC-9325CW is damaged. It's a hardware issue, but we can try another solution.

- Do you have Wi-Fi / wireless at home? If yes, we can set up wireless printing for the printer MFC-9325CW.

Please let me know. Thank you.

If you have Wi-Fi / wireless at home, then please do the followings:

STEP 1:

1. On your Brother MFC-9325CW printer, press Menu button.
  2. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Network and press OK.
  3. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose WLAN and press OK.
  4. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Setup Wizard and press OK.
  5. (If prompted WLAN Enable?, then press key 1 to choose On.)
  6. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, and press OK.
  7. If your wireless password, does not have password, then select option Open System, and OK, then option None for "Encryption Type?", then OK, then press key 1 to apply.
    - If your wireless has password ***** then usually, select option WPA/WPA2-PSK, then option AES (Or could be option WEP), then enter your Wi-Fi / wireless passphrase / key / password, and OK / key 1.
    - Please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations on how to enter text for the password:
    https://i.imgur.com/aej6ja6.jpg
  8. If successful, it will show Connected briefly on the printer's screen.

STEP 2:

- Once STEP 1 is done successfully, then please try the following on your computer:

1. Make sure the Brother MFC-9325CW printer is powered on.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  4. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and it should detect your Brother MFC-9325CW printer.
  5. If yes, click on your Brother MFC-9325CW printer, then then click on Add.
  6. Then see if you can print now.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,