Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother Printer HL-2270DW, which has worked fine…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother Printer HL-2270DW, which has worked fine for over a year. But recently when I tried to print something, it didn't print it, and the Error light flashed. So I concluded that it was a paper jam. I followed the instructions by pulling out the drum and checking to see if I could remove the jammed paper. But there wasn't any jammed paper. There was no paper that had even gone through the printer. The paper tray had plenty of paper. So I don't know why it didn't print. When I pressed Go, the green light immediately lit up and the printer resumed its operation, trying to print the document, but again no printing occurred. What's going on?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's probably at least a year and a half, and the exact model is HL-2270DW.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A brand new Mac with Sierra as the operating system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Absolutely nothing! This is completely new and unexpected.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/4/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me know if the Printer was working fine prior to using Mac? Do you receive an error message? What color light is blinking?

Please type in the box below.

Thanks,

Kumar