Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Office Pro All in One that takes 950 and 951…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP Office Pro All in One that takes 950 and 951 cartridges. When I replaced them I get a cartridge not compatible. It is the same number and everything... but not one of the new cartridges will work

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Office Jet Pro 8630 ... probably 4 or 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBook Pro and Mac desktop. I have also printed from my ipad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was printing last night. I was getting messages that said...ink is low but not to change yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have also tried turning it off and on and even replugging it in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you using genuine hp inks, or generic/refilled cartridges?

Not sure . I purchased them from Best Buy and then another set from Staples. They are in the HP packaging.

Thanks for confirming,

and you had the same issue with both sets?

Not really want to connect. I just thought you could give me some assistance.
I am only good for the $5

I am not asking you to.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Please focus on the chat here instead for this to be productive.

Can you confirm if you had the same issue with 2 different sets of inks (the best buy and staples sets).

The fee is not $5, that was only the deposit to post your question, the total is the amount you agreed to on the payment page.

confirmed both sets same message

Thank you, ***** ***** proceed, I want to make sure you understand the site process/charges as you mentioned the $5. That is not the fee, you were charged the total you agreed to on the payment page, which was the $5 plus the balance, it is not $5.

Sorry I didn't understand that it was more than $5 so I will check out and stop the credit cared. I think that is rather deceiving.

The fees would have been shown on the payment page when signing up. Unfortunately as independent techs, we can't invest our time either for such a minimal amount.

You may cancel from the help page. Best of luck to you with the printer.

John, Computer Science Engineer