Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just received my new Epson Perfection V850Pro that I

Customer Question
I just received my...

I just received my new Epson Perfection V850Pro that I purchased thru Amazon.com.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

I am trying to install it and I find that I cannot connect the wire from the top to the hole in the middle at the back. The hole in the middle at the back is the place the top wire should go but the hole in the middle has its little plastic gouges blocked. The wire cannot be inserted.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have not yet loaded the software. I am just trying to get the scanner wired for when the software will tell me to turn it on.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just received the package a few minutes ago. I unwrapped it and now am trying to get the machine wired so I can start the software and do the installation.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I do not expect to have any problems with the installation if I could get the little wire to plug into its receptacle.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

Are you having troubles with the scanner end of the cable or the computer end of the cable?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason