Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson Workforce 3460 that will not work currently-

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson Workforce 3460 that will not work currently- it prints what I want it to but the type is not fully complete

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Make C481E Model is the WF 3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac operating off of word document

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 10 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that there is enough ink on all cartridges. If not replace the cartridges.

Try cleaning the printhead two or three times by following the instructions in the link below.

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39368/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/wf3620_7620/cleaning_head_lcd_wf3620_7620.html

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
I have done both of those things

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Still not working. The image that is printed is streaky and unclear.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>