Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was using my beloved HP Officejet H470 last night, but…

Customer Question
I was using my...

I was using my beloved HP Officejet H470 last night, but today when I turn it on the panel lights blink and then it turns off. I have unplugged it, taken the battery out, left it for a minute, reconnected and it did the same thing. Help! I am in a very remote area and am in the middle of a big project. Thanks so much.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I really don't know, but I would estimate 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP laptop - new. How do I find out which OS I am using?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was using it at 7:00 this morning. I just went to use it again and it will not stay on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Except which OS I am using.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

The issue you describe could be caused by a problem with a power filter, power strip or surge protector. If the printer is plugged into anything other than a wall socket, unplug the printer, confirm the end of the power cord that connects into the printer is firmly seated, then plug the printer directly into a known good wall socket that another device was just recently using and then attempt to turn on the printer.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks,

David.

I found the problem right after I messaged you! Thanks anyway.

Very good and thanks for letting me know!

Best regards,

David.