Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I set the machine to send fax mode. It will only

Customer Question
How do I set...

How do I set the machine to send fax mode. It will only receive. It is a 775 Intellifax

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brother Intellifax 775 about 5-8 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is self contained, not hooked up to a printer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I basically don't know when it happened, it was working fine, I think I just have to reset something but don't know how. Checked the manual, not helpful. It has a button for "receive" mode but there is something I am sure to set for send mode

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that it is a phone/fax machine

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There is no dedicated send mode that has to be engaged, it happens automatically. Put a document into the feeder, dial the number you're sending to, then press the Start button and it will send automatically. There are no other steps needed to put into a sending mode.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?