Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Does not print black. cardridge is full. Hp6500a. Pc win10.

Customer Question
Does not print black...

Does not print black. cardridge is full

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Hp6500a

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc win10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started today, no prior indication

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

the problem persist
no

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

the cartridge is new

yes I saw, can you do the last insturctions I gave please? Repeated below

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

it printed well in the last week, and than stopped

Ok, can you do the last instructions I gave you please?

there is an indication on the computer that the cartridge is full, but the test page the black cartridge area is blank

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

did not help
do you have other ideas?

Can you replace the cartridge and tell me if it then prints please

I am not interested to switch to a Secure Remote Assistance.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

I am not interested to switch to a Secure Remote Assistance
I would like to terminate this session, without charge, as the problem is not solved.

I really do not understand why you just started ignoing all my messages I sent to you

Over 20 minutes ago I replied to you

And since then you have ignored that and any following message and become more hostile with me.

What is the cause behind such a turn of charachter?

I Have not ignored any of your messages, I am not interested in remote assistance, and I have not a cartridge to replace the current one.
I was hoping that you will be able to instruct me how to semi restore the printer.

I have not mentioned anything about a remote assitance, I ask if you had a cartridge to replace the current one with

Thank you for now replying to me on this.

Please obtain a cartridge and try it in the printer

I am not able to obtain a cartridge.
I would like to terminate this session.

ok