Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Morning ...need help! Computer does not seem to be

Customer Question
Morning John...need help!...

Morning John...need help! Computer does not seem to be communicating with printer....Ugh!

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Office Jet - 5740 Series....maybe 5 years old?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP laptop...not sure on operating system...I think windows 10? It was working all along...then just stopped....computer says there is no driver?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Don't know...at least a couple of weeks. Don't use it on a daily basis. Could have been a power outage that kicked it off line All connections are good...Wi-Fi light is on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope..don't think so..

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please