Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

A paper jammed and I took it out. Now the cartrige carrier…

Customer Question
A paper jammed and...

A paper jammed and I took it out. Now the cartrige carrier won't return and and it still shows paper jam in the window.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Office Jet Pro 8710

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC and I believe its Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just happened a few minutes ago. I was trying to print a flight itinerary.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I turned the printer off and it said I did that in error. I thought it might reset if I turned it off.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please