Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It keeps saying there is no paper in the cassette but there…

Customer Question
It keeps saying there...

It keeps saying there is no paper in the cassette but there is

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of the printer?

MG 7120

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS X 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About a week. Nothing that I know of. We have had it for several years and no problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

As per my understanding you are getting an error message that there is no paper in the cassette while printing and you have paper in the cassette is it correct?

i am getting error code 1007 and it says there is not paper in the cassette
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Okay Thanks for the information.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Could you please perform the steps below and let me know if this helps you:

1. Firstly load the paper in the cassette (upper).
2. Now load the paper in the paper source suitable for the size of the paper.
3. The small size photo paper like 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm) or 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm), or Hagaki can be loaded in the cassette (upper).\
4. NOTE - If you cut the plain paper into tiny size like 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm) or 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm) and try to print on it, a paper jam issue will occur.
5. Now align the paper guides with both edges of the paper when you load the paper.
6. Hit the [OK] button to dismiss the error.

These are some basic steps.

no. the cassette is the lower cassette for standard paper which I am using. The error does say no paper in the cassette (upper) but I don't know how to adjust that.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Yes, i understand your concern we can try and resolve the issue, please ensure that the paper size and media type you are using is selected in the printer driver. Once this has been verified, you can perform a roller cleaning on the printer to ensure that the paper path is clear for the paper to feed properly. To perform a roller cleaning, please follow the steps located here.

i don't know now to nsure that the paper size and media type you are using is selected in the printer driver.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Please refer this link http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/MG7500%20series/EN/UG/ug_cassette0100.html to check this.