Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP all in one 22-b022 computer I am locked out of…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP all in one 22-b022 computer I am locked out of my windows log in and don't remember my last password. How to I get in to change it

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Its the computer not the printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10 professional

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today it said my password ***** I ususlly log in with a pin number so I don't remember the password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't have a password ***** disk

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

no

I'm sorry. Click on the PIN icon option under Sign-in options, then does it let you enter your PIN?

I cant let you remote in as I cant get passed the password *****

OK. Click on the PIN icon option under Sign-in options, then does it let you enter your PIN?

no I have to enter the password ***** which I don't remember

I'm sorry. In order to get your data / files, you would need to get the hard drive out from your computer, then connect it to another working computer with an external USB hard drive adapter. Once that is done, then you can reset the computer. Thank you.

impossible Its an all in one

Yes, it's difficult, but it's possible, you would have to disassemble the computer. Unless you want to reset it now. Thanks.

I will loose all my programs if I reset

Yes, but you can reinstall your programs, but you will lose all data, such as documents, pictures, etc., unless you have backup.

not really I don't think you can help me but thanks

I'm sorry. Password ***** ***** security / privacy protection. Let me open this issue to other experts for any other suggestion. Thank you.

ok
I read something about creating an HP password ***** disk

Actually, let me try to see if we can get your data.

Do you have an external USB hard drive?

I believe I can retrieve your data / files. Please let me know when you are back, so we can continue.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we guarantee our service. Thank you.