Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a an Epson Picture Mate T5570 printer which has been…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a an Epson Picture Mate T5570 printer which has been instirage for 7 years along with picture pack. I replaced the cartridge. the printer works? but every image is pinky red (i.e. No green or blue). Is the problem fixable or/& is it worth purchasing another cartridge (If they are still available)?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an EPSON Picture Mate Model B271A Serial No FUUE000549 and it is probably 12 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

From Mac. Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Only just recovered it from storage and the printer is capable of printing directly from a camera or SD card. I haven't tried to print using the Mac as yet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

The issue you describe is often caused by clogged printhead nozzles. To resolve the issue please perform the following procedure:

Load paper in the printer first so you can test printing after cleaning the nozzles.

Press Menu.

Press the up or down arrow keys to highlight Maintenance and press OK.

Press the up or down arrow keys to select Auto Cleaning and press OK.

In the confirmation screen press OK again to clean the print head. Cleaning takes about 60 seconds.

Run the clean cycle at least three times before testing print quality. Then run a print job to test and confirm the issue is resolved.

Note that since the printer was sitting without use for quite some time, it may require more than three cycles of cleaning to completely clean the print nozzles.

Please let me know if the procedure resolves the issue and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David,
clean heads as per instructions 5 times. Have Black, cyan magenta, blue but NO Yellow or Red.
Is it worth continuing to try and clean the heads?
At this stage the printer is not connected a computer. So no! I don't want to securely connect.
Will I receive a reply from you without securely connecting? Your instructions although good did not resolve the problem need some followup before I give a rating

My apologies for the delay - I did not see your response.

Based upon your description of the result and that you now have other colors printing such as blue, I would recommend running the printhead cleaning at least another 5 times and then test again - reason being that 7 years in storage is a long time for a printer and most likely there is a lot of dried ink on the print nozzles.

Another solution is to clean the nozzles directly using a print nozzle cleaning kit such as the one at the link below:

click here

Since the printhead cleaning uses a good amount of ink, if after 5 or 10 more printhead cleaning cycles, if it still does not work correctly, I would recommend the cleaning kit which is a relatively simple and quick way to get the printer working again.

If you need further assistance please let me know.

Thanks,

David.

click here

Thanks,

David.

Do you still need assistance?

Printer cleaning kit not available in Aus (nor can I purchase it in US) to be sent on. Made some local enquirers, including Epsom, so need to experiment with "substitute" cleaning method. Have been away from printer for 4 days. Will try today or tomorrow and let you know if it works

Ok great and thanks for letting me know.

Please check out the following link from an Australian web site that provide print head cleaning instructions and sources for print head cleaning kits if you would like to purchase one rather than employ the use of items around the office/house.

click here

Once you have a chance to try cleaning the print heads please let me know if it resolves the issue.