Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do i change a hp desk jet 3630 printer from wifi to usb,

Customer Question
How do i...

How do i change a hp desk jet 3630 printer from wifi to usb

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Applemac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since installation

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  2. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Scan.)
  3. There, click on your HP printer, if it's there, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now.
  4. Make sure printer is powered on.
  5. Connect USB printer cable securely to both printer and computer.
  6. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your HP printer.
  7. If yes, click on your HP printer, then then click on Add.
  8. Then see if you can print now.

- Does it detect your HP printer when you try to add it?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going?

By the way, were you able to install the printer's driver / software previously?

no reaction

I'm sorry. Which step number is ***** stuck at?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Let me open this issue to another experts. Thank you.

Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Are you able to make a copy on the printer at all?

Please let me know

Richard, Technician