Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have just bought a new printer & have inserted the disc…

Customer Question
Hi I have just...

Hi I have just bought a new printer & have inserted the disc but it does not auto run? What can I do Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Expression Home XP-320

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have only got the printer just now & have just inserted the Disc to startup so nothing before

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No Just how to get started as I need the printer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?

Does it show the CD / DVD drive letter in Windows Explorer / File Explorer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this page. Can you open any folder, then click on Computer or This PC on the left, then do you see the CD/DVD drive letter there? If yes, can you open it and run the setup if prompted?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

John, Computer Science Engineer