Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's not printing. Epson XP-430. Mac. It printed a couple of…

Customer Question
It's not printing Technician's...

It's not printing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson XP-430

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It printed a couple of times after I purchased it, then stopped

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what you need

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know how old is the printer?

I purchased it this year
Thank you. I'll pass. My printer cost less than your service. But thank you for trying
At least I know what i paid my $5 for - hope for an answer

We are sorry for the inconvenience, Could you please tell me whether do you get any error message on the printer or computer while trying to printer? The reason why I am asking is to isolate the problem that you are facing on the printer

No, I do not have any error messages on my computer or printer. I also cleared printing head, and I have full charge of ink

May I know whether printer is printer blank papers or its not even printing?

Usually It prints a very light lines around the text or a marking, like "United States Post office" and in the middle everything is blank.
Or a picture and no text, or a box with nothing in it
Or a UPC code and nothing else. Basically, some pieces, but most of the picture is missing

I understand, Checking the Nozzles Using the Product Control Panel

You can check the print head nozzles using the control panel on your product.

1. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.
  2. Press the home button, if necessary.
  3. Press the left or right arrow button to select Setup and press the OK button.
  4. Press the up or down arrow button to select Maintenance and press the OK button. You see this screen:
  5. Press the OK button.
  6. Press the start button. After the nozzle pattern prints,
  7. Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
  8. Do one of the following:
    • If there are no gaps, select Finish Nozzle Check and press the OK button.
    • If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, select Head Cleaning and press the OK button to continue.
  9. Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head, check the nozzles, and repeat the process as necessary.

If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 4 times, turn off the product and wait at least 6 hours. Then try cleaning the print head again. If quality still does not improve, one of the ink cartridges may be old or damaged and needs to be replaced.

Reference link: https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd43290/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp420_424/checking_nozzles_lcd_xp420_424.html

Thank you very much. I am cleaning my printer heads again. I will follow your instructions & see what happens. With every cleaning it comes out better. Hopefully, we can fix it.
Heads & nozzles are now fine, however, nothing prints out at all. I will turn it off as you instructed, and will continue tomorrow

If you still face any problem, please post back your replies in this box.

John, Computer Science Engineer