Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon imageclass mf6595 printer/copier fax machine.

Customer Question
I have a canon...

I have a canon imageclass mf6595 printer/copier fax machine. Was working great than just started jamming paper. When I open it the paper is in on an angle, not feeding straight. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No, just started out of nowhere. Might be an 07

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a pc, the machine jams even when making a photocopy not hooked up.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Replaced the toner cartridge recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How much is this service?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/3/2017
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the feed rollers are in good condition, then something may bee obstructing the paper path - perhaps a small piece of torn paper, or a staple or paperclip that has gotten into the machine is blocking the paper from feeding in correctly.

Check that the paper path is completely clear inside the machine - you can try pushing a piece of thin card through the machine to help clear any blockages.

Let me know how you make out.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

No, I didn't need to pay to have you state the obvious. The paper won't feed in straight from the cassette paper holder or at all from the side paper tray, maybe there's a correlation?
Just want to be sure I understand. I paid the initial $33 for which I got nothing except to look for the obvious. Now you want $39 more to connect to the device so it can tell you the paper jams from the tray, which I already know. I got the paper to feed from the side tray, without you help, so help me understand how connecting to the machine will give you more info to fix the problem.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Lets start with the obvious first and ensure the paper path is clear - can you confirm that the paper path is 100% clear please?

It's clear. The printer works fine when I feed the paper using the side paper tray, it only jams using the paper cassette tray from the bottom.

But it uses two different paper paths if you are using two different feed trays - have you tried pushing a piece of thin card through the machine from the bottom feeder to see if anything is stuck in there?

the paper starts out fine then after about the first inch and a half or so it runs on a slight angle always to the same side and jams sending the printer into error mode.
I've checked it more than several times, checked the rollers, cleaned everything up, its spotless, there's no visible anything to give me a clue to why it's not working right.

Approximately how old is the printer?

Approximately how many pages has it printed?

What is the condition of the paper feed rollers?

09, not exactly sure on the count but i'd say less than 5000, the rollers look fine, no strange wear on the sides. Does the machine have a count reader that I'm not aware of. It seems something falls outta line. It starts out fine, prints the first couple three lines than goes off, always to same side.
Plus then side tray feeder works fine, don't they use the same rollers, if not that should narrow down which roller might be bad or off line.

Ok, so the problem is definitely related to the way that one of the feeders is feeding in the paper - either there is a small internal blockage, or the paper is not getting fed incorrectly.

Is the paper aligned up correctly in the problem feeder tray?

Does it work ok if you try to feed just one sheet at a time?