Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Wont copy document. Attention light goes on and wont go

Customer Question
Wont copy document. Attention...

Wont copy document. Attention light goes on and wont go away. There is nopaper problem. Wireless button stays on. I do not use wireless connection with computer. I connect to port. Tried hp diagnostics to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a hp2540 and is about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mirosolf 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Attention light went on while copying. wife did not know what it meant and pushed wireless direct . {ut in add paper but the on/of button the wireless button and the attention light wont o off. Had to pull the plug to get the lights off. restart and same problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nevwe had this problem before.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/2/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris