Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

One computer is able to print and the other computer will…

Customer Question
One computer is able...

One computer is able to print and the other computer will not. The computer that does not work wants a PIN. I cannot find this PIN anywhere in the material from HP.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP Envy 5540

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC One is WIndows 10 the other is WIndows 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

All afternoon today.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are all your devices connected to same WiFi network ?

There is only 1 network. I believe one is connected and one is not.
Just tell me where I can find the WPS PIN for the printer I purchased ENvy 5540. THat is all I want.

Let's connect the printer to the network properly and add it to your computer.

Follow the steps on the printer

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. (Tap Wireless Settings if you see that)
  4. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

This will connect to the WiFi network properly. Once it is connected, I want you to do the steps on both of your computers

On computer, go to this website --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/model/5447940

Download "HP ENVY 5540 series Full Feature Software and Drivers"

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to setup the printer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

The wireless connection has already been made according to the printer/

Please do it again. The above step will make sure the printer is connected to the WiFi infrastructure method. And with the above method, you won't need the WPS PIN.

Once you reconnected to WiFi, you can do the remaining steps on the computer to add it back. This method will work without WPS PIN

Thanks. It works now

You're most welcome !

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,

Is there an expense for this consultation

Yes, this is a paid service. Re the cost, I don't have access to your account information to check the cost but there is a one time fee. You can contact or email the customer support at***@******.*** to know about the prices. I'm only a tech in here with no access to your account info to check it myself.

Best Regards,