Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased a new computer. I have used Cannon printers for…

Customer Question
I purchased a new...

I purchased a new computer. I have used Cannon printers for years with no problem installing them on my computer. Yesterday I placed the CD for my printer to install in the new computer. Success or so I thought; I printed the test sheet, but nothing else would print. My printer would not turn off--still won't--and nothing will print. Yet when I go through my information on the computer, it says printer was successfully installed. HELP!!!

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No. The printer is only about three months old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC It's a HP computer. A note keeps coming up that it's off-line. I disconnected the system three times and even placed the Cannon CD back in the computer but no success.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I brought my new computer home Saturday. My old computer was connected to the printer, so I chose to print copies of a program that I was using Sunday. Everything worked fine on old computer. So late Sunday afternoon I decided to connect my new computer (the old computer would quite after a few hours of use, so new one was purchased) with the printer and detach the old computer. Immediately the new computer printed the test copy, but then it would not complete the step on the scan copy that the instructions said "had to be done."I needed some

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
10/2/2017
Technician: tyroneboman, Technician replied 11 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.