Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

H4. I pressed c and far left button until the display went…

Customer Question
H4. I pressed...

H4. I pressed c and far left button until the display went blank. However, I cannot press 14 as the copy only goes to 9. I tried 9. but it went back to h4.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

I don't know. Maybe 10 years old?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC/ windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I used it two days ago and it was fine. I went to use it now and saw the h4.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

What is the make and model of the device you are having the issue with?

Please let me know

Thank you

Sharp al-1631.
Can you please remove the power to the register (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the register, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Actually, I have been charged as Amex just called me. What do I need to do to fix this problem?
Either resolve the problem or I will have the charges removed from my credit card.

yes... I gave you a set of instructions to do, can you do this please?

Just unplugged. Will let you know in10 minutes.

thanks

I unplugged for 10 minutes and it still doesn't work. h4 still blinking.

ok, press the following key's in sequence and as quickly as possible (with 4 seconds for the first 4 keys)
Press "C" then the far left key (exposure mode) then the "C" key then the far left again.
So in other words C, far left, C, far left
If done correctly the display should go blank.
Now key in 14 as if you were going to make 14 copies.
Now press the print button

Let me know the results please

As I said in the beginning, I pressed the buttons and the display went blank. However, my copy button only goes to 9, so now what?

try now to do 1 copy please

That didn't work. I tried the 1 copy and got a red light on the printer schematic.

Thanks

It is the internal fuser unit overheating, it cannot be reset, else we would have reset itby now.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to copier the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you.

You are welcome

Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember to click one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit to rate me

Thank you