Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer is flashing P07 error, and the ink cartridges…

Customer Question
The printer is flashing...

The printer is flashing P07 error, and the ink cartridges won´t move to the middle when I open the lid.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

The printer is a Canon MP 280. I always using the same band: Genuine Canon ink 210 XL and 211 xl

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I´m using a desk PC , windows 10. I have been using this printer with the same computer for the last 3 years without any problem!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happend last night. I finish printing some papers; turned the printer off. Then, when I turned the printer on again to make saome copies...the error showed..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That´s the only issue.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

The same error P07

Thanks

power it off and move the print cartridges to the middle by hand.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.