Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have recently replaced print cartridges in normal way.

Customer Question
I have recently replaced...

I have recently replaced print cartridges in normal way. Since then have been unable to scan using Canon MG6250 and now it won't print (via wireless) - the printed page is so dim it can barely be read. I have reinstalled printer software via disk but the problem persists. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Canon MG6250 - about 6 years bought in 2011.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IMac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I noticed I couldn't scan a doc. and eventually had to use Image Capture. Since then I have been unable to print except with a weak ink result and unable to use double sided.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that is enough! Thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
10/2/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

My PayPal payment went through before I received any answer to my question. I thought I was paying on $5. In the meantime I have fixed the problem myself before even reading your response. I would like a refund of the $46 paid on PayPal if possible please.