Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The paper won't load. 2 years more or less. Mac. Sierra.

Customer Question
The paper won't load ...

The paper won't load

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

2 years more or less

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing happened before. It just started not loading the paper. it just shoots through the paper slot

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Hi, not sure what happened.
10/2/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Hi, I have done that and it doesn't work.
The problem is the paper won't load properly.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Oh, I see. hmmm... I'm nowhere near my printer today. I will be back tomorrow after I have tried your solution.

ok thank you

I still haven't had a chance to do your suggestions. I will do so in a few days.thx
e

ok thanks