Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon 410 printer connection was lost when a Verizon

Customer Question
My Canon 410 printer...

My Canon 410 printer connection was lost when a Verizon technician installed a new router and I am unable to re-connect my WiFi connection.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Thank you. It is a Canon MX410. It is about seven years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. And it is an old Windows XP, I am ashamed to say.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has only been an issue since Friday evening when the new router was installed. Until then it worked just fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. Thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the make / model of your new router?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Is there any error or message when going through Menu > Device settings > LAN settings > Wireless LAN setup option on the printer's screen?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Please click on the website below for video instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8gzyZyRU18

- Note: Wi-Fi / wireless passphrase (key / password) is case-sensitive.

- Please let me know if it connects successfully, or fails when you try the steps in the video.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.