Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a new laptop first one for me. I am having…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new laptop first one for me. I am having problems making the online work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It is not a printer it is a HP laptop HP 15 notebook

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I don't have a problem with the printer. It is the new laptop I just purchased

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just got it 2 days ago

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there and welcome.

Is your difficulty in getting the laptop connected to your Wi-Fi network?

I am online with my old PC. And it works just fine. I should be able to plug in the laptop and go to work. But sometimes it says it is on but it's not. And then it says it is offline and it is online.

Thank you. Are you using the laptop wirelessly or do you have it connected to your router with an ethernet cable?

But I am not on the laptop
I have been connecting with the router.

Thank you. Have you tried swapping out your ethernet cable for another one as a step in diagnosing the issue?

With a router

When using the laptop, do you connect it to your router with an ethernet cable or do you connect to your Wi-Fi?

Sorry I have to go.

OK. If you would like any additional information or assistance,
please do not hesitate to let me know.