Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to initialize XP-640 startup..after installing in…

Customer Question
Trying to initialize...

Trying to initialize XP-640 startup..after installing in cartridges, closed the scanner top and said initializing would start and last approx 7 minutes...however, power light keeps on blinking. Why

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brand new, EP-640, Expression Premium

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac computer, and I believe the OS system is up to date

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

New printer replacing HP Inkjet Photosmart 6520 that broke down

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Tried to start initialize around noon and power button still blinking at 1:20pm
No thank you

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

After unplug and holding power button 30 secs and replugging, unit appears to be going thru initializing process
Initialization complete. Will continue to complete installation. Thank you

Is it working now?

printer is working. Downloading software to my MAC. How long that usually take?

Not long, once it's downloaded.

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ok thank you

Software is still downloading. Why taking so long has been over 15 mins and the wheel is is turning.

Sorry for the delay, did it download?