Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just purchased a ET-2650 and would like to connect it to…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a ET-2650 and would like to connect it to my MacBook Pro computer. Can you get me started?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

E

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

ET-2650. Mac. I am using a jetpack by verizon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

There is no issue. My printer is new and I'm not sure how to connect it to my computer. I'm one of those fossils without great tech abilities

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have not put the ink in the printer yet, because I wanted to make sure I got it connected to my computer first

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Do you want to get the printer working? usually it is best to put in the ink, make sure it can at least run a photocopy using its own controls, then when you've gotten that far, you can connect it to the computer properly. It makes sense -since without ink, it cannot print even if connected properly to the computer.

So - do you want it to work by wireless/WiFi connection?

Or, to work by a USB cable connected to the computer?