Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Doe some new reason my AT key is delivering a" character…

Customer Question
Hi John, doe some...

Hi John, doe some new reason my AT key is delivering a " character rather the ät¨key. What should I do_

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Lap top....can send serial number, that work___ question mark won´t work either!

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

SINCE YESTERDAY!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Keyboards can behave differently for various reasons. For one thing... there can be various 'code pages' for different languages. Spanish keyboards type some characters differently.

Your keyboard may have been switched to another language... by accident perhaps.

Tell me your Windows version (Windows XP, or Vista, or 7, or 8 or 8.1, or 10) and I will be able to give you exact instructions on making sure you are set to the right culture or language or nation... the settings differ with different versions of Windows.

Try this:

hold the Windows key (four panes logo) then press Spacebar - that can switch the keyboard to a different language layout.

OR: Start menu

SETTINGS

Time & Language

REGION & Language

and under Languages select ENGLISH (US, or UK, either one, if there are those choices)

and confirm that setting.

Let me know if either way helps. Thanks.