Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a solid orange alarm light on, even after unplugging…

Customer Question
I have a solid...

I have a solid orange alarm light on, even after unplugging it multiple times - and nothing else on the display is lit

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Canon mx330

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac; OS X El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing that I know of - we just tried to turn it on and the alarm light came on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

There are no errors or pending print jobs in the printer dialogue box

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

a couple of days - we have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in multiple times but nothing changes

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

I unplugged it and held down the power button for 30 seconds - but the printer wasn't really "on" when I unplugged it, because the only thing on the display is the alarm light and the printer doesn't respond at all to pushing the power button on or off

OK has this made a difference?

No - I plugged it back in and the alarm light went back on with nothing else on the display

Does the alarm light flash when you press the cancel button?

If so how many times before it goes solid?

The alarm light doesn't flash at all - as soon as it is plugged in, there is a solid alarm light on, and no other lights or activity on the display.

Can I connect and have a look?