Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is printing blank pages. Canon mf8050cn. it is a 2009…

Customer Question
It is printing blank...

It is printing blank pages

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Canon mf8050cn. it is a 2009 model

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac. OS X yosemite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About a week...nothing that i can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

ok

Lets start out by resetting the printing system as follows.

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
Click Printers & Scanners.
In some versions of OS X, this preference is named Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
Control-click anywhere in the list of devices on the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the shortcut menu that appears.

Then we need to download and install the newest printer drivers and utilities as follows

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/color-imageclass-mf8050cn?tab=drivers_downloads

If you get stuck or run into any issues let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

did all that. still printing blank pages

Is the printer hooked up via wireless or usb?

Also, what program are you printing from when you get blanks?

usb. acrobat reader

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

written support alone

Allright.. Lets try this

Print outside of adobe pdf.. Does it print better from preview or any other program.

but most of what i print is from email and when i double click on an attachment in an email it opens in acrobat reader, not preview?

Lets repair adobe

Follow these steps exactly. https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/delete-previously-installed-application-files.html

Then reinstall reader from this link

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/install-reader-dc-mac-os.html

That should do the trick but if you get stuck or run into any issues let me know.

Dustin S.