Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

MY PRINTER SAYS OUT OF PAPER. TRIED EVERYTHING .iT ALSO SAYS…

Customer Question
MY PRINTER SAYS OUT...

MY PRINTER SAYS OUT OF PAPER. TRIED EVERYTHING .iT ALSO SAYS LOAD PHOTO PAPER

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD. HP ENVY 5642

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC WINDOWS 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I THING IT HAPPENED WHEN I HIT PHOTO. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT SCREEN I HAD OR WHERE I DID THAT OR EVEN IF I IMAGINED IT. SO TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS PROBLEM. REALLY NEED PRINTER FOR CLASS I AM TEACHING

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I AM NOT GOING TO PAY A BIG FEE TO GET INFORMATION.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When you have apparently loaded paper, but 'out of paper' is signaled, you have a problem not with the presence of any sort of paper, but rather the presence of the specific type of paper you are asking the printer to use for your print job.

In this case, evidently, that paper is photo size paper, specifically. And/or, it needs to be loaded in the photo paper tray, slot, etc., perhaps, in addition.

So - either you need to load photo paper instead of letter-size or A4 size paper stock. And/or you need to load it in the photo paper position/tray/slot.

Or, just possibly, you are directing the print job to a specific tray, or specific Paper Source, that has paper, but it is not the right size of photo paper... so you might need to check the tray you are set to send your print job to, as well.

Let me know if you need further help with this problem, and I will offer further, and/or more specific, advice, until a solution is reached for the problem.