Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed the ink on my computer and now my printer won't…

Customer Question
I changed the ink...

I changed the ink on my computer and now my printer won't pring print

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer?

PIXMMA (MX479) CANON

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been an issue since I changed the cartridges last week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The screen on the printer has a codes (1687) on it and it says check ink

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer
Is it going through the motions but outputting a blank page? Did you replace all the ink or just black?
I replaced all of the ink and it won't print period...it won't even output a blank sheet.
first I just replaced the black ink and when I saw that it didn't work i replaced all of the ink...fyi
ok my card has been charged but no advice has been given. Is he able to give some advice
John, Computer Science Engineer