Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Nead mi printer I/P addess. Pro200-S500 Series, about 6

Customer Question
Nead mi printer I/P...

Nead mi printer I/P addess

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Pro200-S500 Series, about 6 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10 home.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

New computers tring to get dem to communicate via wifi to the computer.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/1/2017
Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Go to control panel to view the printers’ settings. To access it quickly and simply, search for ‘printers’ in search bar from Windows charm bar. ( Windows 10 doesn’t have charm bar, you can simple search for ‘printers’ in find option)

• Click settings then ‘Devices and Printers’ as shown below.
  • Once it has listed out the installed printers, right click on it which you want to find out the IP address.
  • Select ‘Printer properties’ from the menu, Note – Not the ‘Properties’ at last.
  • In the properties box, go to ‘Ports’. The network port of the printer would have been ticked here. Mostly you can make out the printer IP from port field itself ( 192.168.5.100 in this example), but this is just the port name and the actual IP could be different in the next screen) See attached pic and ignore configure port that is only if you need to change the ip which in this case you do not.

Also, in order to troubleshoot to see if the computer can communicate to the printer you can try the following to test.

To make sure that IP address of a printer can be reached from your computer through network, go to command prompt ( type cmd in search) and type ping 192.168.5.100 then press Enter. You should get successful reply message similar to below which indicates network communication is fine with the printer. SEE pic attached

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.